Forms3 LOV

From: Ian Parkin <twod_at_socrates.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 1992 17:27:16 +0000

--
Ian Parkin, twod_at_socrates.demon.co.uk

For a given field in a V3 form I would like **simple** way of constructing
a LOV such that I could display within the LOV some hard-coded values.

i.e. :
====

For a field that accepts only 'Y' or 'N' as input I would like these values
to appear within the fields LOV.

This seems a simple thing to do, but using a select such as

SELECT 'Y', 'N'
INTO   :my_field
FROM   system.dual

within the field definition screen gives a concatenation of Y and N within
the LOV.

I have tried various other methods, but all to no avail.

Does anyone know of a simple way of doing this ?

By simple I mean little or no maintenance overheads ( i.e. no temporary
tables, etc ), and if possible a solution consisting soley of the LOV select
text.

OK, I know these values are hard-coded and thus could go in the database, but
its just one of those things that has been bugging me.

Cheers

IAP