Re: version 7

From: Paul J Snelling <boxfield_at_ibmpcug.co.uk>
Date: 1 Sep 92 10:38:35 GMT

In article <1992Aug31.071727.332_at_doc.bmd.trw.com> rthorstr_at_doc.bmd.trw.com writes:
>In article <1992Aug29.012028.9273_at_cs.UAlberta.CA>, ken_at_cs.UAlberta.CA (Huisman Kenneth M) writes:
>> Does anyone know when exactly oracle version 7 comes out for the PC???
>
>ORACLE has announced that version 7 WILL NOT be implemented on the PC.

Which Oracle told you this (US or UK?) Oracle UK told me that the plans were to make V7 available on ALL platforms that V6 is available on at the moment.

Mind you, this is the same firm that told me that V6 would never, ever be available on the PC, and that I was completely insane for even thinking about wanting it.

Come on you guys lets have a coherent story.

Anyone in Oracle prepared to make a statement?

--
Paul Snelling,	BoxField Systems Ltd