Loader vs. Sequence number & resource file question

From: Elliot B Dierksen <ebd_at_fang.att.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 1992 16:02:48 GMT

I am having 2 problems that I have been unable to resolve as yet.

  1. I have a couple of tables that will be partly populated by programs & partly populated by input via SQL*Loader. The table contains a column which I populate via a sequence number. Is there any way to make the loader look at a database sequence number instead of it's own function?? Maybe through a view or something?? Any ideas?
  2. A resource file for a PC running vt102|vt320 emulation (MS-Kermit 3.11). Anybody out there got one they are willing to share?? Another idea. Could there be a an FTP site set up for resource files? Then people could just go grab one if they have an off the wall terminal.

Thanx in advance,

EBD

--
Elliot Dierksen   "Is that a real poncho... I mean is that a Mexican poncho or
                   is that a Sears  poncho?  Hmmm... no foolin'..." -- F. Zappa

W) e.dierksen_at_att.com  (407) 660-3377     H) elliot_at_alfred.UUCP  (407) 290-9744