Re: Other Forms than SQL*FORMS

From: John Vander Borght <john_at_sequent.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 92 22:58:29 GMT

sjs_at_netcom.com (Stephen Schow) writes:

>Anyone know much about other forms generation packages that work with the
>Oracle RDMS. This could include Client/Server as well as UNIX based.

There are a number of packages. Two of the best I've seen are:

Uniface		This is a good product that also has the benefit of working
		with almost any database, Windows, X (Motif and OpenLook),
		Unix, VMS (yuck :-), Client/Server from Windows to Unix or
		VMS.
PowerBuilder	A good product that only works in the Windows environment
		either with local DBs or Client/Server.

Some others include (passed on without comment): Unify
Focus
Ally
JAM
SQL*Windows

If you are working in an environment of heterogenous presentation devices or with multiple databases (especially in one application), I think Uniface would be the best product.

John Vander Borght
john_at_sequent.com

--
"Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty!"
John Vander Borght