Problem on field of DEFAULT WHERE/ORDER BY on Form 3.0

From: john <john_at_timer1.UUCP>
Date: 27 Aug 92 19:24:14 GMT

Hi, world:

In our company, we implemented a "Task Manager" with SqlForm30 to keep track of our projects. When user run the form, we want him/her see only the tasks he/she is allowed to see. So, we put some conditions in DEFAULT WHERE/ORDER BY field of form30. Here is the piece from INP file:

      ORDERING = <<<
      where requestor in  (select access_name from DS_manager.user_access30
            where user_name = lower(USER))
         or request_for in (select dept_code from
            DS_manager.dept_access30 where user_name = lower(USER))
         or assigned = lower(USER)
      ORDER BY Date_completed desc,DATE_REQUIRED, PRIORITY, date_entered

When I added in 4th OR condition in it then generate and execute it, it had segment fault and core is dumped (on unix environment) but if I trimmed that part, it goes fine. We guessed that the buffer mighted be too small to hold the whold conditions.

Does any one know any limit on the buffer size of DEFAULT WHERE/ORDER BY field of block definition screen on Form 3.0. Or, it might be the limit of the number of "OR" conditions

Any info will be apprecaited.

John Chan (Rightime Econometrics, Inc) Received on Thu Aug 27 1992 - 14:24:14 CDT