Re: Customization of SQL*Forms.

From: William Kaufman <wkaufman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1992 20:09:23 GMT

    I should say right now that I'm not with the SQL*Forms group, so I don't know exactly what their plans are. If any of the Forms folks read this group, please follow up with the Low Down.

In article <!-cn0-c.tcox_at_netcom.com> tcox_at_netcom.com (Thomas Cox) writes:
] >Now the dreaded word going around is that Oracle
] >may get rid of .inp files for SQL*Forms 4.0. (????)
]
] I have a hard time believing that!

    I don't know if the .inp files are going away, but, *if* they do, they will probably be replaced with Oracle resource files. Resource files can be converted into text files and back again at any time (with "resprint" and "resparse", respectively). If they're using resource files now, you can always resprint them, edit them, and resparse them back.

] I *have* heard that "fields" are going away, but .inp files?
] Can anybody confirm this .inp file rumor?

    Not precisely,...

] (Yeah, "fields" are being replaced with "items", I think, as
] in "radio button item", "checkbox item", etc. Something like
] that.)

    More accurately, instead of getting all your information through fields, you get it through any of several types of "items". One type of item is a field, which works as you remember it; but you can also represent your data as a group of radio buttons (if a database field can be only one of a list), or a checkbox (if it's just "true" or "false"), etc.,...

  • Bill K.
Bill Kaufman               | " While not a master of intellect, the blatantly
wkaufman_at_us.oracle.com     |   obvious things *WE* take for granted never