Re: Declaring sequence number qualifiers in Pro*c

From: John Galt <kml_at_cellar.org>
Date: 26 Aug 92 12:27:23 GMT

mcs_at_wet.UUCP (Gil Nardo) writes:

> suthemb1_at_jhuapl.edu (Marvin Suther) writes:
> >
> > I am writing a Pro*C application and am trying to access an already existi
> > sequence number. However, no matter how I declare the sequence number id, I
> > receive an error message that the sequence id does not exist. All
> > documentation only references the use and not the declaration. Anyone know
> > how this is declared?
> >

> Perhaps the problem is with priveleges. The problem may be that
> your app/user does not have access to that particular sequence number.
> If so, then you need to grant priveleges via sqlplus, e.g.,

The problem may also be caused by trying to reference SEQ.CURRVAL before referencing SEQ.NEXTVAL. In some versions of Oracle, you have to first select Nextval before asking for Currval, otherwise it gives a cryptic error. No, I'm not making this up.

               Personally, I skip the posts and just read the sigs.

  kml%cellar_at_tredysvr.tredydev.unisys.com - My other account is a Mercedes. Received on Wed Aug 26 1992 - 14:27:23 CEST

Original text of this message