Freeing disk space

From: Howard Brenner <howard_at_monitor.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1992 21:04:26 GMT

When you issues a drop or delete command in oracle (then a commit) does oracle free up the disk space to be reused by someone else or does it just move on to the next block it thinks has been usused? If it doen't "free" the disk is there a way i can tell oracle that I'm really done with it and let it reuse the space. I seem to notice that when I create some very large tablespaces after a lot of drops, creates and deletes i run out of tablespace!

thanks! Received on Tue Aug 25 1992 - 23:04:26 CEST

Original text of this message