Execution file is too big for execution.

From: Alfred Wu <alfred_at_bambi.CS.MsState.Edu>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1992 21:41:20 GMT

        I am currently modifying a natural language interface for Oracle RDBMS. The old version of the program was written with Microsoft C 5.1, Oracle Pro*C with Oracle 5.1 and C-scape 2.2. In order to meet the system requirements of the client, we upgrade our software packages. Currently, I am using Microsoft C 6.0, Oracle 6.0 and C-scape 4.0. Unfortunately, the execution file becomes so big that it can not be executed during the integration. The dynamic memory available on the my 386 is only 2KB immediately after the start of execution.
These amount of memory is hardly enough for dynamic creation of an simple entity in C-scape.

Does any people has similar problems before or has some ideas about how to solve the problem? Please send me a e-mail.

My e-mail address: alfred_at_walt.cs.msstate.edu

Thanks in advance.

Alfred Wu
Mississippi State University

P.S. 1. In order to make my system work, I have to run the tcp/ip protocool for

        for SQL*Net.
     2. I have QEMM installed in machine.
     3. I use large mode to compile my program.
     4. There are 580 KB real memory available after machine boot-up.
     5. There are 446 KB real memory available after running sqlpme and sqltcp.
     6. I have 1 MB extended memory on my machine.

I tried to load both sqlpme and sqltcp into high-memory by using QEMM, however, there are no enough blacks in the high RAM for me to do it. Received on Mon Aug 17 1992 - 23:41:20 CEST

Original text of this message