Problem Using SQR on HP LaserJet

From: Ronald John Krantz <ronk_at_beta.lanl.gov>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1992 17:44:46 GMT

We have successfully used SQR (2.27) with Oracle (6.0.31) on VMS (5.5) for many months. A problem has come up that the very helpful folks at SQL Solutions (Sybase) have not been able to correct. I would appreciate a clue from one of you experienced SQR/Oracle/VMS users.

A report named RCODE is run that uses the new support for HP LaserJet printers including the capability to draw boxes, use fonts, . . . When the report is run with input parameters specifying one or two months worth of data, everything works fine. When the report is run with input parameters specifying a year's worth of data, the report completes okay, but trying to print the output to the LaserJet II or LJ III results in:

 %PSM-E-READERR, error reading $7$DIA2:[directory]RCODE.LIS;1  -RMS-W-RTB, 60922 byte record too large for user's buffer

Has anyone experienced this and found a solution?

Ron Krantz
MS B295                                         Internet: ronk_at_lanl.gov
Los Alamos National Laboratory                  Voice:    (505) 665-5231
Los Alamos, NM 87545

Ron Krantz MS B295 Internet: ronk_at_lanl.gov Los Alamos National Laboratory Voice: (505) 665-5231