Re: Forms3 Delete a char of the field data

From: Devan F. Dewey <dewey_at_centerline.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1992 12:37:22 GMT

In article <1992Aug12.162132.278_at_falcon.navsses.navy.mil>, huynh_at_falcon.navsses.navy.mil wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I am using sqlforms version 3.0.
> I want the data to be in the form of 'LST1183', but because of the way our data
> bases are set up, the users will enter the HULL in the form of 'LST-1183'. I
> want to delete the "-" sign/char, and also at the time somehow join the
> LST 1183 together so that it is like the user had just entered 'LST1183' and
> not 'LST-1183'.

In a post-field or on-validate-field trigger, which ever you prefer use:

select replace(:block.hull,'-','') into :block.hull from system.dual;

This will do exactly what you are looking for.

               Devan F. Dewey | Senior Systems Analyst
          CenterLine Software | dewey_at_centerline.com
            10 Fawcett Street | "Leme esplain - no dere is
          Cambridge, MA 02138 | too much. Leme sum up."
                                       -Inigo Montoya