Forms3 Delete a char of the field data

From: <huynh_at_falcon.navsses.navy.mil>
Date: 12 Aug 92 21:21:32 GMT

Greetings,

I am using sqlforms version 3.0.
I have a problem which I don't even know where to start. I want to delete a char of the enter data into a field.
eg. Let 's say I have a field that requires data HULL: _________; where the users will enter something like HULL: LST-1183, I want to delete the "-" sign/char.

I want the data to be in the form of 'LST1183', but because of the way our data bases are set up, the users will enter the HULL in the form of 'LST-1183'. I want to delete the "-" sign/char, and also at the time somehow join the LST 1183 together so that it is like the user had just entered 'LST1183' and not 'LST-1183'.
I need to convert 'LST-1183' into 'LST1183', so that it corresponds with the database HULL to do the query.

I hope I have made myself clear. Anyone who is interested, but didn't quite undertand me, please feel free to ask. I will be more than happy to make myself clear.

Any comments or suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Received on Wed Aug 12 1992 - 23:21:32 CEST

Original text of this message