Excel and Oracle and DAL

From: Ian Florance <ianf_at_cs.adelaide.edu.au>
Date: 12 Aug 92 06:08:43 GMT

Excel Four can apparently do SQL commands to unix databases. You need DAL on the mac and a DAL server on the unix host. We are running Oracle 6.033 on a sparc 2. Presumably you get the DAL server from APDA; is this true? Would the Oracle supply it?
After we get the DAL server will Excel 4 then be able to communicate to the Oracle database?
Whats peoples experiences running this configuration?

Ian Florance         Phone : +6 18 228 5502          /      \
The Univeristy of Adelaide Apple Consortium          \_.--*_/
University of Adelaide,     South Australia                v