SQLREPORTWRITER - Label printing problem

From: <pswc_at_ntuvax.ntu.ac.sg>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1992 07:08:53 GMT

Has anybody try creating a printer description file for sql*reportWriter? I had created a program for label printing. When I ran this program for the reportWriter ver 1.0, the spacing was wrong due to form feed so I had created a printer description file called NEC with the following parameter:

   NC|NEC|NEC PRINTER:\

      :ap:li#63:co#80:-- column 80
       |    |__63 lines

 does not generate a line feed if the printer size = report page size

Each label take up 9 lines and each page is make up of 7 labels therefore report page size set to 63 lines.
After putting in this printer description file, the program run smoothly for ver 1.0.

However, recently we upgraded reportWriter from ver 1.0 to 1.1 and this label printing program started to give me the same problem. It always create a FORM FEED at the end of the last label of the page even though I had put in the correct printer description file.

Is there any way to remove the form feed becoz the label is printed continuously. Can anyone advise me ?

PSWC
sklim_at_ntu.ac.sg Received on Wed Aug 12 1992 - 09:08:53 CEST

Original text of this message