CIKM-92: advance program & registration info. available

From: Timothy Finin <finin_at_algol.cs.umbc.edu>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1992 00:53:21 GMT

		C A L L    F O R    P A R T I C I P A T I O N

				   CIKM-92
		      First International Conference on
		    INFORMATION AND KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT

			    November 8 - 11, 1992
			Radisson Lord Baltimore Hotel
			  Baltimore, Maryland, USA

CIKM-92 will provide an international forum for the presentation and discussion of research on the management of information and knowledge. The scope of the conference will cover the integration database technology, knowledge representation and reasoning, information retrieval, and techniques for locating and accessing relevant data and knowledge in very large, distributed information systems.

The conference will include 18 invited talks, 68 submitted papers and 24 poster presentations, panel sessions and tutorials. The keynote address will be by Gio Wiederhold (DARPA/Stanford) on "Intelligent Integration of Diverse Information Sources". Other invited speakers include Maria Zemenkova (NSF), Amit Sheth (Bellcore), Judea Pearl (UCLA), Peter Buneman (Pennsylvania), Doug Terry (Xerox Parc), Bob Robbins (Johns Hopkins), Joan Sullivan (NIST), Bharat Bhargava (Purdue), David Waltz (Thinking Machines/Brandeis), Len Gallagher (NIST), Ahmed Elmagarmid (Purdue), Richard Soley (Object Management Group), Larry Reeker (IDA), Bruce Blum (Johns Hopkins), and Il-Yeol Song (Drexel).

For more information, send email to CIKM-INFO_at_CS.UMBC.EDU to receive an automatic reply containing registration forms and an advance program. For general inquiries, contact: CIKM-92, Computer Science Department, University of Maryland Baltimore County, Baltimore MD 21228-5398. email: cikm_at_cs.umbc.edu, phone: +1 410-455-3000, fax: +1 410 455-3969.

CIKM-92 is sponsored by ISMM and the University of Maryland Baltimore County and held in cooperation with AAAI, IEEE, and ACM. Received on Wed Aug 12 1992 - 02:53:21 CEST

Original text of this message