** ORACLE Forms security **

From: Gene W. Lee <lee_at_convex.com>
Date: 11 Aug 92 19:49:48 GMT

I am trying to limit user access to my oracle database and am having a problem figuring out how. Here is the scenerio:

hundreds of users, each with their own userid and I only want them to be able to select/query records from the tables.

at the same time, I want them to have update,delete,insert,select,... ability on the same tables as long as they're accessing the tables through forms.

The kind of idea I had in mind (but couldn't find a way to implement) was to make a pre-form trigger of "connect guru_id/pass". where the guru id is an id which has full privilages on the tables and the users don't even know the id exists, let alone the guru password.

The basic idea is that I don't want them to know a userid/password combination with more than select. But I do want them to update,insert,modify through the forms where I can control what they do.

Any Ideas?

--
Gene W. Lee          lee_at_convex.com         +1 214 497 4733
Convex Computer Corportation                 ------- __o