Terminal types, recognition of...

From: Julia Chen <julia_at_unixg.ubc.ca>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1992 17:49:56 GMT

Hello,

Can anyone explain how Oracle interprets and treats terminal settings in a Unix environment? I work on a Sun IPC with xterm running on a remote Sun 4. With my envrionment variable $term set at xterm, none of the Oracle tools will recgonize the terminal. I either have to change $term to xtermsun:sun or add '-c xtermsun:sun' at invocation in order to get Oracle to correctly recgonize that I'm on an xterm. Why is this so? Is there various flavours of xterm's?

George Received on Mon Aug 10 1992 - 19:49:56 CEST

Original text of this message