Can PRO*C be used with SQL*NET on PC?

From: Xiaoqing Liu <liuxq_at_cs.tamu.edu>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 1992 02:35:09 GMT

We try to use ORACLE in traffic real time processing. Data is collected by PC and transferred to SPARC (SUN) workstation through ETHERNET local network. It is also necessary to retrieve data on ORACLE database at SPARC from PC. We have ORACLE6.0, and SQL*NET. Data on SPARC can be retrieved by PC using SQL*NET and SQL*PLUS now. The problem is that we need to combine real time data collection and retrieval on ORACLE database into a program (C language), but we have no PRO*C facility in PC although we have had PRO*C on SPARC (SUN). Does ORACLE provide PRO*C on PC? If the answer is positive, can PRO*C be used with SQL*NET on PC? and how efficient is it?

I would appreciate it very much if you could give me any suggestion? Please Email to me directly. Thanks a lot in advance

Xiaoqing Liu                         liuxq_at_cs.tamu.edu
Dept. of Computer Science
Texas A&M University Received on Tue Aug 04 1992 - 04:35:09 CEST

Original text of this message