Can one user create table in another's tablespace?

From: David Cox <dcox_at_relay.nswc.navy.mil>
Date: 30 Jul 92 15:50:10 GMT

Don't ask me how I got into this situation, but I need to allow another user to create a table (as part of a weekly procedure) in my username. That is, my oracle username/login is, say, david, and their's is bob. I need to be able to allow bob to do:

sqlplus bob/hispassword
>drop table david.acctdata
>create table david.acctdata (etc...)
>grant select,insert on david.acctdata to bob
>grant select on david.acctdata to frank
>quit

Actually, at some point in the weekly procedure I would like to restrict bob to select privilidges on david.acctdata, but this is not crucial.

Is there some way I can achieve this without bob having DBA priviledges? Received on Thu Jul 30 1992 - 17:50:10 CEST

Original text of this message