Problems in numeric fields. Possible SQL*FORMS 3.0 bug ?

From: <kortikar_at_mipos2.intel.com>
Date: 30 Jul 92 21:16:27 GMT

I am using SQL*FORMS 3.0.16.8.1 on AT&T unix. consider a default form

If in a field of num(6,2) I enter value of 0.343434 and press commmit key. then I change any field in the record again then forms will give the message 'Record changed by another user.' message.

If I enter value with precision with 2 digits then everything works OK. the reason for bug appears to be -forms compares the value in its temporary workspace with value in database and since they do not tally (becuaes temporary workspace has entire number and database image has rounded number ) gives the message that 'record changed by another user' Would some Oracle personnel clarify this.

Aniruddha Kortikar (kortikar_at_mipos2.intel.com) Received on Thu Jul 30 1992 - 23:16:27 CEST

Original text of this message