Re: Deleting Duplicates

From: Chris Little <littlec1_at_jaguar.uofs.edu>
Date: 23 Jul 92 14:16:11 GMT

In article <VN70NB1w165w_at_iowegia.uucp>, bob_at_iowegia.uucp (Bob Powers) writes:
> How can I delete duplicate rows in a table using SQL*PLUS. This is
> an unindexed table and I would like to keep it that way.

I'm relatively new at the job, but I suspect you could create a similar table, do an INSERT SELECT UNIQUE from the old table to the new table, delete all rows from the old table, copy all rows from the new table to the old, and then drop the new one. Maybe there's a better way.

Good Luck.

--
Chris Little, Programmer/DBA
                                                University Computing Systems