Forms3 ERR - unable to INSERT record

From: <huynh_at_falcon.navsses.navy.mil>
Date: 22 Jul 92 15:53:29 GMT

Greetings,

           thanks for reading.
I am doing a project on SQLFORMS version 3.0. The project is simply to join three tables in addition with a new one. A couple of data will be entered and from there the rest of the information will be query in. Then the user will have to enter some comments at the maximum of five lines. After that, I want to insert the information in the form to the database table.

For every execution, after hitting the commit key, I keep getting the error: FRM 40508 : ORACLE ERROR -- unable to INSERT record

I have check the followings:

1) all the fields to be inserted are of 'base table'
2) all the 'not null' fields are filled with data
3) I do have access to create, insert and update the tables

I think the problem is that I have four tables in one forms, and that some fields are included in all tables. Do I have to specify the exact table where each field should go to?

I really only want to insert into one table, the new one; it is empty at this point. Aha! Is it that the information in the other tables have already been inserted, and they cannot be inserted again? If so, how can I get around this problem.

I hope I had explained the problems thoroughly. Anyone who is interested in the problem, but did not get a clear understanding at some point, please feel free to ask. I would be more than delighted to make myself clear.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Many thanks. Received on Wed Jul 22 1992 - 17:53:29 CEST

Original text of this message