Re: DB file not in DBA_DATA_FILES - problem

From: Kathy Jou <kjou_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1992 18:08:53 GMT

In article <1992Jul21.112252.1_at_jaguar.uofs.edu> littlec1_at_jaguar.uofs.edu (Chris Little) writes:

>Major problem!! While adding a database file to a tablespace, my main
>process died. Now upon recovery I see that the DBWR process is
>accessing that file, but that file's description is not in DBA_DATA_FILES.
>Also, I doubt the DBWR is writing to it because I HAD to add another file
>in order to continue extending the database, which is what I was doing
>in the first place.
>
>Any suggestions?
>
>--
>Chris Little, Programmer/DBA
> University Computing Systems
> University of Scranton
> LITTLEC1_at_JAGUAR.UOFS.EDU Scranton, PA 18510

I would venture to guess that something is inconsistent in the data dictionary. If it is at all possible, then the safest action is to recreate the tablespace from an export of the objects that currently reside in it. Does the control file still recognize this datafile? How did you determine that DBWR is accessing that datafile which was not successfully added? Did you perform the add datafile operation again, using the same datafile name? If the controlfile and dba_data_files match, then things should be OK.

Kathy Jou
Oracle Corporation Received on Wed Jul 22 1992 - 20:08:53 CEST

Original text of this message