sql*forms, format mask, date field

From: Jennifer Farnham <v045100_at_otis1.stortek.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1992 20:32:57 GMT

Situation:

A date field on a form that is 18 characters in length, and defined as a DATE.

In the format mask, i have DD-MON-YY HH12:MI

Problem:

I want the user to be able to enter dates such as the following:

01-JAN-92 1:00 P.M.
01-JAN-92 8:00 A.M. It is very important that we capture the PM or AM, however when I format the field
as :

DD-MON-YY HH12:MI A.M. this only allows for

                        AMs to be captured,
and if the user enters the date and time no A.M., sql*forms puts in an A.M. whether or not it really happened in the morning.

How do I format the field to accept both a.m. and p.m. and validate the format all at once?

Waiting in Boulder,
Jennifer
"v045100_at_otis1.stortek.com" Received on Fri Jul 17 1992 - 22:32:57 CEST

Original text of this message