core dump running a form!

From: Stephane Hamel <shamel_at_mais.hydro.qc.ca>
Date: 16 Jul 92 14:28:34 GMT

Ok, here's my BIG, HUGE, ENORMOUS problem... I have an SQL*Forms 3.0 form that generate correctly, but at run time, I get a core dump. If I put some MESSAGE, the place where the core dump happen can change! If I relocate or change the code, the place where it blows may change! I even ended up with the following lines:

  MESSAGE('5');
  /*update_observation;*/
  MESSAGE('6'); And guess what... I get the message #5... then a core dump!

So.. I guess a variable somewhere is scrapping the core (Hoops! the code), but how? I have no user exit, I looked at the code line by line (both in the .inp file and in the report).

Running the form in debug mode is of little help... And there is no other tool that I can use, even a debugger is not helping because the problem arise in the code generated by SQL Forms itself!

   Does anyone ever had a similar problem, and how did you manage to find it?

Any suggestions are welcome!

        Desperatly searching the bug...

--
 Stephane Hamel              | AutoControle Inc.
 SHamel_at_Mais.Hydro.Qc.Ca     | Montreal, Quebec, Canada