large relations in Oracle

From: janet.l.pflederer <meerkat_at_cbnewsi.cb.att.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1992 14:58:12 GMT

We are considering an application which would require at least two million records in a relation, albeit one with a single attribute as key and fewer than half a dozen attributes total. We've used Oracle for other applications, but never anything this big.

Has anyone out there successfully used Oracle for a relation that big? Alternatively, has anyone scaling up the size of an Oracle relation run into walls at sizes smaller than two million?

Many thanks for any info,
-Janet L. Pflederer
 AT&T Bell Laboratories
 meerkat_at_homxa.att.com Received on Thu Jul 16 1992 - 16:58:12 CEST

Original text of this message