Re: Client/Server & ORACLE

From: David E. Scheim <des_at_helix.nih.gov>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1992 18:00:38 GMT

In article <BrG2sL.7pG_at_usenet.ucs.indiana.edu> orestes appel <oappel_at_copper.ucs.indiana.edu> writes:
>Hello,
> I guess this is a more than frequent asked question. My apologies to
>the more experienced readers in the newsgroup.
>Are there any good books on Client/Server computing USING ORACLE Version 6.0?
>If so, please reply to the newsgroup OR mail me in private to:
> oappel_at_ucs.indiana.edu
>
>This information is REALLY needed.
>Thanks again for your help.

You will probably not get many responses as from what I understand, it is not really feasible to do client-server work in production using Oracle 6.0 except for very small applications. I don't believe that there are any serious systems out there doing this. Received on Thu Jul 16 1992 - 20:00:38 CEST

Original text of this message