Re: SQLFORMS 3.0 (TRIGGER PROBLEM)

From: Gv Fragante <fragante_at_unixg.ubc.ca>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1992 18:55:53 GMT

In <1992Jul15.165249.240_at_falcon.navsses.navy.mil> huynh_at_falcon.navsses.navy.mil writes:

>WHAT I DID IS THAT I HAD A TRIGGER AT THE FIELD LEVEL ("HULLNO") ON BLOCK1.
>EG. TRIGGER: KEY-NXTFLD
> BLOCK: BLOCK1
> FIELD: HULLNO
> TRIGGER STYLE: V3
> TRIGGER TEXT
> GO_FIELD('MACHNAME'); I ALSO TRIED A COUPLE OF OTHER COMMANDS;
> GO_BLOCK('BLOCK2'); GO_FIELD('MACHNAME');
> NEXT_BLOCK;
Looking at the trigger text above, you could eliminate all the Go_field and Go_Block commands. It looks kind of redundant. The Next_block() should do the trick as it will take you directly to MACHNAME since it is the first field on Block2. If you want to go to another field in Block2 other than MACHNAME, then use Go_Field() AFTER Next_block. ALso, it would be better if you followed the <blockname>.<fieldname> convention in the Go_Block() and Go_Field() functions as in Go_Field('Block2.Machname'). This way, you are being more specific to the field you want to go to as blocks can have the same field names.

Also, instead of KEY-NXTFLD, try using POST-FIELD. Received on Thu Jul 16 1992 - 20:55:53 CEST

Original text of this message