Re: FORMS 3.0 MODIFY KEY OPTION TABLE

From: William Kaufman <wkaufman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 16 Jul 92 15:42:06 GMT

In article <1992Jul15.090149.239_at_falcon.navsses.navy.mil> huynh_at_falcon.navsses.navy.mil writes:
]
] I AM WORKING ON SQLFORMS VERSION 3.0. I AM FACING DIFFICULTY WITH THE KEYS
] (THE FUNTIONS OF EACH KEY.) <CTRL-K> ALLOWS ME TO SEE THE AVAILABLE KEY
] OPTIONS, BUT IT IS SO VAGUE. I WANT TO BE ABLE TO MODIFY THE KEY OPTION
] TABLE FOR FUTURE REFERENCE; MAKING IT EASIER FOR ALL USERS. IS THERE A WAY
] THAT I CAN DO THAT?
    You want to go into Oracle*Terminal, and change the key name. Note that you have to change it *both* under the [Product] and [Mapping] menu choices, and make sure the names match. (Whatever you do, though, don't change the product function code! SQL*Forms will never understand your keys that way.) You can also have Oracle*Terminal print out the new key mapping.

    Also, if any of the keys are being used for a [KEY-something] trigger in SQL*Forms, you can change the key description in the Forms trigger, to better describe what the key does: for example, if your [KEY-F0] trigger actually does a HOST() call to list your files, you can set the trigger [Show keys] description to "List files".

  • Bill K.
Bill Kaufman               | "ENJOY LIFE!
wkaufman_at_us.oracle.com     |           -- Eat out more often."