Re: CREATE TABLE not acting the way I think it should

From: Nick Maximov <nick_at_spbgtw.pczz.msk.su>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1992 09:28:52

        In article <ebd_at_fang.att.com> writes:

>I am using Oracle 6.0.33.1.2 on SVR4 on a 386 PC. What I want to is to create
>a table specifying 'user.tablename'. I have tried this as SYS & SYSTEM and
>other DBA accounts and it tells me 'no resource permission'. Can you create a
>table to be owned by another user, or am I missing something. I have been
>unable to glean any clues from the manual. Any ideas appreciated!
>
>EBD
>--

        Howdy,

        I have not troubles with creating tables using foreign accounts when I have DBA rights. Therefore, I need more detailed information to help you.

        Please pass following and send me direct result letter: 1. Perform the query

	   SELECT USER#, NAME, CONNECT$, DBA$, RESOURCE$
	   FROM SYS.USER$
	   WHERE NAME = 'SYS' OR NAME = 'SYSTEM';
2. Look at CONNECT$, DBA$ and RESOURCE$ columns that must contain

   value 1 (num).
3. If not so, regratee the sys and system users by

		REVOKE CONNECT, RESOURCE, DBA FROM SYS;
		GRANT CONNECT, RESOURCE, DBA ON SYS IDENTIFIED BY <passwd>;
	and so on for system if need.

4. If couldn't create table yet, please select DATATS# and TEMPTS# and

   look at number tablespeces to define proper rights.

	When you pass these steps and trouble not solved, send a
	direct letter.
				Regards, Nick - Oracle system admin.

--
Nick Maximov, St. Petersburg, Russia.