Wanted: Raw device information for Oracle

From: Timothy Stark <tstark_at_netcom.com>
Date: 8 Jul 92 16:45:44 GMT

Hello Everyone:

   I am looking for more information about Raw device for Oracle system. Does anyone have procedures about move UNIX file to raw device, backup them, etc?? If so, please let me know as soon as possible before I will test them on my system. Thanks!!

   I am writing my own program to read raw device. I tried to read it but I kept get segementation fault errors but I have daemon privileges. Does anyone know that program can read raw device? Can you send me source code ('C' language only, please)? Thanks again!

  • Tim Stark Systems Administrator, R:IMS:O Internal Revenue Service 1111 Constitution Ave, NW Washington, DC 20224

--

Timothy Stark               Internet: tstark_at_netcom.com
837 North Van Dorn St       GENIE: T.STARK1

Original text of this message