Help needed in using rwcrun in .pc

From: <ashok_s1_at_verifone.com>
Date: 6 Jul 92 02:33:17 -1000

Oracle Configuration : V 6.0.30, SUN IPC
SqlReportWriter      : V 1.1
Oracle Precompiler   : V 1.3

 for C

I have the following problem while trying to invoke "runrep" from an embedded-sql-c program(.pc).

For eg.
main()
{

        CONNECT TO DATABASE;         OPEN , FETCH VALUES USING CURSOR;         UPDATE CERTAIN TABLES IN THE DATABASE;

	for()
	{

		INVOKE RUNREP USING EXECLP AFTER DOING A FORK();

		UPDATE CERTAIN TABLES IN THE DATABASE ;
	}

	COMMIT;

}

Points : 1. Runrep will require a userid and password to login to the

            database.  Now for the program pseudo code given above, a login to
	    the database has already been done right in the beginning.
	    I am not sure if runrep will logout and then login again.
	    The execlp statement invoked as a child process using fork
	    to execute runrep which does not give any errors.
	    But when trying to do a Commit a message
	    - "Error during Connect is displayed"

	2.  I am aware of the fact that this is not a plausible method.
	    I wanted to use the "rwcrun" Sqlreport Writer procedure call,
	    because this procdure call will check if the database base is
	    already opened or not. The problem is I do not know what files
	    to include to avoid "Undefined Symbol _rwcrun" at link time.
	    I have scanned through the manuals and the corresponding
	    directories of oracle but couldn't strike gold.

Thanks a lot in advance,
Ashok

my e-mail address : ashok_s1_at_blrv1.verifone.com          Received on Mon Jul 06 1992 - 14:33:17 CEST

Original text of this message