RFI: Secure database systems

From: Jon Haugsand <jonhaug_at_ifi.uio.no>
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 1992 08:17:55 GMT

Dear Netters,

I am writing a report on security in data base systems, both theoretical aspects and real systems. I am looking for references to information about this topic.

In particular, I need information about secure data base products from vendors like Oracle, Sybase, Ingres and Informix. This information should include:

   Functional features (deviations from standard product)    Security features (Orange book, TDI)
   Other features (performance and correctness degradation)    Design and implementation (TCB subsets, polyinstantiation)    Technical aspects (HW-platform, operating system, network)    Delivery (release date, NCSC-evaluations, follow up)

Design and implementation are most important.

If you know of any references to such information (net archives, articles, proceedings, books, reports, telephone numbers, people, etc.) please e-mail me, and I promise to summerize to the net. I will also include my own findings.

Thank you in advance.

PS. I *know* i can write or call the vendor in question, something I will do. However, then I have to dig through some layers of sales and marketing persons, whom I do not trust.

---
Jon Haugsand
  Dept. of Informatics, Univ. of Oslo, Norway
  jonhaug_at_ifi.uio.no