storing binary data

From: <obn_at_sdz01.uu.ch>
Date: Fri, 03 Jul 1992 19:26:01 GMT

I've been exiled from the net for two years, so if this has already been hashed over, someone send me the summary.

I've got an application using dynamic embedded sql method 4 and pro-c. I need to store arrays of doubles with an indeterminate number of elements. After carefully reading the manuals, I determined the best solution was to use the varraw data type. After about a week of experimentation, I got it to work as long as the buffer wasn't more than 255 bytes in length. Anything more and I got a 'string literal too long' error. I tried with and without enclosing apostrophe's, and I even tried converting each 4-bit sequence into a hex character and sending a real string. I've tried regular long and raw and long raw datatypes, but have not been able to get this to work. I'm sure this is old news to most of you, so if one of you could give me a hint what's going wrong here, I could improve my performance. I even called oracle tech support (twice) to no avail.

steven husting Received on Fri Jul 03 1992 - 21:26:01 CEST

Original text of this message