VAX Oracle questions

From: Richard Holowczak <holowczk_at_rwja.umdnj.edu>
Date: 1 Jul 92 23:11:30 GMT

First off, thanks to those who helped w/ my last message.

Some more questions:

  1. I will be running Oracle for VAX VMS on a DEC Microvax II. I will be using SQL*Net (either TCP/IP or DECNet) to access the database from networked PCs. From what I gather, I can use SQL Forms on the PC as my front end and ship SQL requests up to the VAX. I could also log into the Vax (Via hard wired terminal or modem) and use the VAX version of SQL Forms to access the database.

Question is, is anyone doing this and how compatible are the forms when moved from PC to Vax. The book says the .INP files can be loaded into any other version of Oracle but where does the form information reside, on the PC or on the VAX? (i.e. where are the IAP tables held)

2) Also, any experiences with memory and hard disk requirements? Our Microvax has about 12 megs of RAM and 3 disks of 120, 70 and 70 megs. Does Oracle have to reside on the SYSTEM partition or can it live on another partition?

Thanks in advance (Once again).

Rich Holowczak
Department of Industrial Engineering
Rutgers University
HOLOWCZAK_at_DRACO.RUTGERS.EDU Received on Thu Jul 02 1992 - 01:11:30 CEST

Original text of this message