Re: SQL*FORMS ... how to start in query-only mode

From: David Owen <dowen_at_praxis.co.uk>
Date: 1 Jul 92 12:21:45 GMT

In article <fragante.709935857_at_unixg.ubc.ca> fragante_at_unixg.ubc.ca (Gv Fragante) writes:

Gv> How I can invoke a form to function in query-only mode from SQL*MENU ?

Gv> By default, the form is a data-enterable form, but I would like users with
Gv> view-only privileges to look at the form as well without allowing them to
Gv> update/delete/change.

We did it recently on a project by invoking itself recursively. You need to write some 3GL code as a user-exit to test and set a variable inside the 3GL. Then on the pre-form trigger you call the the user-exit that tests to see if the global variable is set. If it is, you exit the pre-form trigger. If it isn't, you test the users access rights. If he is allowed general access, simply continue with the trigger. If he has read-only access, call the 3GL and set the global variable and then call the form again in query only mode. It seems to work quite well. NB. We used C for the 3GL. Received on Wed Jul 01 1992 - 14:21:45 CEST

Original text of this message