Need advice installing Oracle V6

From: John de la Garrigue <jd_at_archimedes.nwc.navy.mil>
Date: 29 Jun 92 11:12:00 GMT

I am installing multiple copies of Oracle V6 on several SPARC2s, each with a single internal 424 MB disk. This is partitioned thusly:

Filesystem            kbytes    used   avail capacity  Mounted on

/dev/sd0a 15487 6068 7871 44% /
/dev/sd0g 155015 134990 4524 97% /usr
/dev/sd0h 187463 157875 10842 94% /home
All of the oracle products are in /home/oracle: async/ dbs/ mail/ report/ bin/ dict/ menu5/ sqlcalc/ c/ dnt/ mprodins_at_ sqlplus/ cdes/ easysql/ olprodins_at_ sqlreport/ cgen/ forms30/ orakit/ tcp/ cobol/ fortran/ oraterm/ tpo/ crt/ install/ plsql/ datalens/ loader/ rdbms/

As you can see, I don't have much room for a database or anything else. I am also fairly new to Oracle, particularly doing installations. So, the question is, of these products, which are essential for running the database, and which can I blow away until they are needed (and I have more disk space to work with :)? I plan on getting rid of the CASE stuff, but I don't know what the devil datalens, loader, orakit, oraterm sqlcalc, and tpo are. I can guess that I should keep the other stuff, but is there anything I can trim out that isn't really needed?

Followup to me via email, please. Thanks for any help...

--
John de la Garrigue - SAIC   ||  Obligatory disclaimer:
jd_at_archimedes.nws.navy.mil   ||   "I have no clear recollection of