Help needed in ORACLE login forms customisations

From: <sridhar_b1_at_verifone.com>
Date: 28 Jun 92 19:00:35 -1000

I have ORACLE 6.0 installed on SUN Sparc station in UNIX. I have designed the user interface for an application, entirely using SQLFORMS and SQLMENU.

In order to isolate the users of the application from ORACLE, I wanted to provide the login for the application myself. For this, I wrote a C program that does an execclp of 'runform' for this login form. In this form, I accept the user name and password. But, I am unable to validate the password as I can't give any connect statement from SQLFORM's PLSQL blocks. If I use a shell script for this, then I have problems in error reporting. If I pass the User name and Password to RUNMENU for running my menu app and allow RUNMENU to do the validation, then LO BEHOLD ! RUNMENU's LOGIN screen comes with ORACLE stuff( Background text ) on it.

I want to know the following:

  1. Can I edit the text shown by ORACLE on running RUNMENU (SQLFORMS(run) version no xx.xx etc.. to my own text(My application name etc.. ) ) ?
  2. When RUNMENU validates an username and password and finds that a password is incorrect, can I make RUNMENU exit to OS instead of asking the user name and password again ?
  3. How far can I customise ORACLE login forms (RUNFORM and RUNMENU logins ) ? If I can customise it I don't need my own login form !
  4. Does ORACLE provide any trigger mechanish for its login form fields ?

Can anyone out there help me PLEASE ?

THANKS-A-LOT in advance !

Sridhar Bhat

My email : SRIDHAR_B1_at_blrv1.verifone.com Received on Mon Jun 29 1992 - 07:00:35 CEST

Original text of this message