How to find Relation Size using Pro*C

From: Sanjay Kaul <skaul_at_ms.uky.edu>
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 1992 02:09:52 GMT

How can one find the size of a relation(Table) using Pro*C and SQL*Plus? The call ODSC has to have an SQL query and moreover it returns the size information for a field or expression in the select-list of the query.

The trouble is that everything (even the Table name) is found out at runtime(Dynamically).

Also ,I would appreciate if someone could mail me the names of books/ manuals which explain "Dynamic Query Processing "(for Pro*C interface) in detail i.e. (having examples too).

Thanks in advance

--Sanjay.

Sanjay Kaul                 * BITNET   :cs0768sk_at_ukcc.uky.edu *
700 Woodland Ave,           * INTERNET : skaul_at_ms.uky.edu     *
#E-206,Lexington,KY,40508   * TEL :(606) 258 -6221            *