Re: Moving a user out of the SYSTEM tablespace

From: <dlm_at_hermes.dlogics.com>
Date: 26 Jun 92 13:30:38 CST

In article <1992Jun23.053320.27007_at_ml.csiro.au> peter_at_ml.csiro.au (Peter Campbell) writes:
>I am trying to move a user out of the SYSTEM tablespace by exporting,
>revoking RESOURCE privilege to SYSTEM, dropping everything, changing
>the default tablespace, and importing. Unfortunately despite having no
>quota the user is still able to create things in SYSTEM so everything is
>being recreated there instead of being forced to the new tablespace.
>
>What am I doing wrong?

To do it successfully, you must merely revoke dba privilege from the v5/v6 user BEFORE performing the export; then grant v6 resource quota ONLY in the preferred user tablespace BEFORE performing the import. If the user needs to be a v6 dba, you can then re-grant dba.

You can use this method to move the Forms tables out of SYSTEM tablespace; just drop dba priv from the v5/v6 user SYSTEM per above, and restore it after the import. use an alternate dba account on the EXP - IMP command line.

--
Dave Mausner, Senior Consultant / Datalogics Inc / Chicago IL / 312-266-4450
dlm_at_dlogics.com                                 Motto: Just show me the code