QUERY WHERE (SQL*Forms) question

From: james.jurista <jurista_at_cbnewsg.cb.att.com>
Date: 25 Jun 92 15:41:08 GMT

Hi -

I'm developing SQL*Forms applications using version 3.0. Our system design requires that the user never enter query mode in most forms. This presents a problem, however, when a user enters a value beginning with ":" or "&" into a field on the form. At the next EXECUTE_QUERY package procedure for that block, the QUERY WHERE dialog box appears. This is EXTERMELY undesirable, and I'm trying to find a way to keep this from happening, short of pre-editing the field. Can anyone help me with this problem?

Please respond directly to me at one of the following addresses:

Internet: jurista_at_llssak.attmail.com

          jurista_at_cbnewsg.cb.att.com

   Uunet: ...!attmail!llssak!jurista

Thanks in advance for any advice on this problem.

Jim Jurista Received on Thu Jun 25 1992 - 17:41:08 CEST

Original text of this message