definition of TRANSACTION while benchmarking

From: Dale Cooper <cooper_at_beno.CSS.GOV>
Date: 23 Jun 92 14:44:58 GMT

Perhaps someone from oracle.com can help me out here. According to the latest and greatest TPCa benchmarks, certain vendors were able to reach n transactions per second. My problem is, what is considered a single transaction when benchmarking? Surely it is not what Oracle defines a transaction. Anyone at oracle.com wanna take a crack at this?

In addition, any helpful tips WRT benching an existing platform would be of immense help. Com'on now, I know you're out there...

Dale Cooper, DBA
Center for Seismic Studies
Arlington, VA Received on Tue Jun 23 1992 - 16:44:58 CEST

Original text of this message