oracle db server request

From: Dale Cooper <cooper_at_beno.CSS.GOV>
Date: 15 Jun 92 16:21:57 GMT

Fellow Oracle slaves:

We are beginning to start the gawd-awful task of evaluating new database servers to take the place of our current beast. We have narrowed our preliminary selection list to DEC, Sequent, Pyramid, Sun and Silicon Graphics multi-processor boxes. If anyone out there has had any fond experiences that they would like to share, I would be more than happy to entertain them. Some things that we are concerned about is how we can perform benchmarks. It is definitely a logistical problem for all parties involved to wheel in every candidate, acquire an Oracle license for each candidate, install our test dataset and perform the benchmarks. If any of you poor souls have been blessed with this most thankless task, please feel free to spill your guts.

Regards,

Dale Cooper, DBA
Center for Seismic Studies
Arlington, VA Received on Mon Jun 15 1992 - 18:21:57 CEST

Original text of this message