Real size of Oracle tools for MS-DOS...

From: George chow <george_at_unixg.ubc.ca>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 1992 18:35:17 GMT

Hello,
  I'm going to be installing SQL*Net (for TCP/IP) and the complete set of Oracle tools (SQL*{Forms,Menu,ReportWriter,Plus}) on an AT. Anyways, I was going through the various installation guides and noted that the required memory conflicted with each other. The SQL*Net manual gives a table of minimum memory required for each product while the tools manual (_Oracle Tools for MS-DOS and OS/2 Installation and User's Guide_) gives another table of minimum memory requirement. The requirements given by the former is considerablely lower than the latter. The AT that I'm going to be using has only got 2Mb altogether. Has anyone here done what I'm about to do and can they comment on the real requirements? Is a 2Mb AT realistic for what I want to do? And a second question: SQL*Net does not support the Western Digital ethernet card I'm using. I recall that I was able to make the WD work with DECnet through a WD-provided driver. Is there such a driver for SQL*Net?

George Received on Thu Jun 11 1992 - 20:35:17 CEST

Original text of this message