Re: HELP with Simple SQL Query

From: Stephen White <swhite_at_fncduc>
Date: 10 Jun 92 13:49:04 GMT

evanderw_at_mpr.ca (Eva Vanderwerf) writes:

>HI,
> I am trying to create a list of 'badges' with name and address,
> but the query I have keeps putting blank lines in between each
> 'badge'. Is there any way to get rid of the blank lines ?
> I've included my query and the output as I get it now.

> Thanks in advance

>Eva (evanderw_at_mprgate.mpr.ca)
  [Remainder of message deleted]

Eva,

  The command "set recsep off" will stop Oracle from printing blank lines between each record. (See page 6-58 in your Sql*Plus 3.0 manual.)

  Also, you don't need to define the line and column widths as 75 characters to force Oracle to perform a newline. Oracle allows you to place a newline command in the column statment (example: column emp_name newline). Reference the Sql*Plus manual for details.

Stephen P. White
Computing Division
Fermilab
Batavia,Il Received on Wed Jun 10 1992 - 15:49:04 CEST

Original text of this message