Re: DROP TABLESPACE error

From: Eva Vanderwerf <evanderw_at_mpr.ca>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 92 20:05:37 GMT

In a previous post, Scott Cameron writes:

>>........ causing the following error when I try to use DROP
>>TABLESPACE to drop a tablespace I wish to recreate
>>
>>SQL> DROP TABLESPACE xxxx INCLUDING CONTENTS;
>>*
>>ERROR at line 1:
>>ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level 1
>>ORA-02273: this
>> unique/primary key is referenced by some foreign keys

I've had this problem too: Some of your objects have foreign keys defined (see DBA Manual p. 5-16). You will have to drop the objects containing the foreign keys before you try to drop the objects containing the primary keys which correspond to the foreign keys.

Then you can try to drop the tablespace.

(dropping a tablespaces 'drops' the tables in a certain order, and it looks like the tables containing the primary keys are 'scheduled' to be dropped before the tables containing foreign keys, which is the wrong order).

Eva

--
Eva Vanderwerf                  | Voice    :  (604) 293-6072