Oracle running on HP-UX vs.SunOS

From: Quentin Johnson <quejoh_at_teal.csn.org>
Date: 5 Jun 92 16:53:51 GMT

I'm posting this for someone at another site; please note her address at the article's end:

My company is evaluating 2 possible hardware options to run our businesses on. They are an HP 9000/847 and Sun 4/670. We will have around 30 concurrent users running Financials and Manufacturing, as well as Comms-40 Service software.

Which leads me to my question: Is anyone currently running Oracle on either of these systems? And, (if so) what possible hints, gotchas, advice, etc. do you have to offer? All of my customer references are glowing for both systems, so I would particularly like to hear from anyone having difficulty with either of these, or who has any dirt to throw! (Now's your chance, someone really wants to hear!)

I have been unsuccessfuly trying to post for 3 days, and this has since become an extremely hot issue, so any input I can get by Monday would be very much appreciated. Please e-mail, and thanks very much in advance.

Ellen J. Faverty, Systems Manager, Information Systems Auto-trol Technology Corporation voice : (303) 252-2244 Denver, Colorado, USA 80241-2404 email : ellfav_at_auto-trol.com Received on Fri Jun 05 1992 - 18:53:51 CEST

Original text of this message