Re: Oracle*Terminal & key map for Oracle

From: Shane Hocking <srh_at_scammell.ecos.tne.oz.au>
Date: 3 Jun 92 00:24:33 GMT

In article <kpalm.707504241_at_athena> kpalm_at_athena.qualcomm.com (Kent Palm) writes:
>Two things:
>
>1) Under unix, the oraterm program uses the unix environment variable TERM
>or term, to understand which keyboard you're using. It does not use a
>oraterm.r file (as far as I can tell). So, try setting term to something
>like "vt100".

This is not true (Certainly on our SUN 6/670)

Setting the TERM environment variable say 'vt100' will instruct a product (such as sqlforms30) to look for a device name called vt100 in the resource file oraterm.r file which is pointed to by the environment variable FORMS30PATH

--
Shane Hocking       srh_at_scammell.ecos.tne.oz.au