Re: Length of Host variables in Pro*C

From: Vijay Raghavan <raghavav_at_cs.rpi.edu>
Date: 29 May 92 21:55:11 GMT

In article <1992May29.083934.1_at_us.oracle.com> rhari_at_us.oracle.com writes:
>In article <dl_w+2c_at_rpi.edu>, raghavav_at_cs.rpi.edu (Vijay Raghavan) writes:
>>
>> Is there any limit on the length of host variables in Pro*C. I know a limit
>> exists for identifiers(30 chars).
>>

> Are you running into some kind of limit. To my knowledge there is not limit
>on the size of host variables.
>
>Hari
When I tried to use an host variable greater than 30, it got truncated when used in a INSERT statement without PCC giving any errors(The DECLARE section definition was not truncated). Thus the c compiler bombed since it obviously found the truncated name undefined.

Vijay Raghavan                     | We can sort things out together.
ROSE group, Dept of Comp Sc        |
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute   | Ph:(518)-276-4838