Oracle under VMS versus UNIX

From: Joe Dellinger <joe_at_montebello.soest.hawaii.edu>
Date: Thu, 28 May 1992 23:45:27 GMT

        My sister has a reasonably large Oracle package she has written and sells to users using UNIX on PC's. Her company is still very very small. She has the chance for a new, "huge" contract that could ensure her company's future... they really like her software, but they insist it must run on a DEC3100 running (gasp!) VMS.

        So she asks me to (extremely urgently) ask the net:

        Does anyone have experience porting Oracle-based software from UNIX to VMS? How hard was it to do? She needs to have some idea what to expect so she can include a reasonable "porting price" in her bid!

        Thanks!!!!

        (Apologies if this is a FAQ, I did scan the last couple hundred articles looking for a FAQ before posting this...)

     /\ /\ /\/\/\/\/\/\/\.-.-.-.-.......___________     / \ / \ /Hawaii Institute of Geophysics, Honolulu\/\/\.-.-....__ ___/ \/ \/Joe Dellinger, Internet: joe_at_montebello.soest.hawaii.edu\/\.-.__

Objectivity is not an ubobtainable emptying of mind |
but a willingness to abandon a set of preferences   |----> Stephen J. Gould
when the world seems to work in a contrary way.     |